Brewin’s Emporium Circa – 1918/20
OUR CLUB’S STORY
Hugglescote Social Club, Dennis Street, occupies a former building (built in 1877) that once belonged to Joshua Brewin, an elaborate Grocer, Cum Emporium. it later changed hands and became the Hawley Institute, Affiliated to the Constitutional Party, and later, the Hugglescote Working Men’s Club, founded in 1915, joining the CIU, In 1920. In 2010 it left the CIU and became the Hugglescote Social Club, owned by it’s Members, and managed by an elected Committee. The Club is known locally as the Hawley.
- President – Vacant Position
- Vice President – Mick Storer
- Secretary/Treasurer – Bob Watson
- Sports & Social Secretary – Brian Cobley
- Entertainment Secretary – Neal Brown
- New Committee Members Needed – Speak with either of the above.
- George Bonser
- David Fern
- Paul Holt
- Lorraine Unwin
- Stewardess – Sarah Brown
- Website – Jim Oakes
MEMBERSHIP (18 YEARS & over)
- New Member Joining Fee – £6.80
- Renewal Membership – £6.00 per year
- Age Related Membership Renewal – Ladies over 60, Gents over 65 – £3.00 (must have been a Paid Up Member for 5 years)
All Members get 20p off a Pint of Draught Beer, Lager or a measure of Spirits.